Corporate social responsibility is high on our agenda at Hughes and Salvidge. Environmental protection is regarded as an integral part of our operation and it is considered by every member of staff. We carefully manage all our activities to reduce any potential environmental impacts to a practical minimum. We strive to maximise the recycling potential on all project sites and aim to recycle in excess of 95% of demolition arisings.
Hughes and Salvidge are committed to providing a sustainable service and we demonstrate this through the following:
- Building a genuine culture of caring throughout the company and beyond.
- Having a positive social and economic impact at a local level.
- Putting health and safety of workers & clients first.
- Constantly seeking to improve the environmental impact of our work.
As an audited member of the National Federation of Demolition Contractors, our clients are assured of a well-managed, safe and environmentally considerate demolition project. As part of our ISO 14001 certification and EMS, we have set Corporate Objectives which have been agreed as follows:
- Strive to continue zero incident rate.
- Strive to maintain no enforcement action.
- Minimum 95% recycling of waste by weight.
- Review project paperwork systems both on site and in the office.
- Provision of tender packs for all pre-start meetings.
- As a minimum carry out a bi-annual management review.
- Maintain competency training for all staff.